Holiday Menu, Recipe 4 - Crispy Brussel Sprouts
Brussel sprouts are a Christmas tradition in many houses but how many people actually eat them? Personally, I think they’re delicious and get a bad rap because of the smell they give off when boiled. But honestly, what do you expect when you’re literally boiling baby cabbages?
Roasting these little guys is the only way to go. To get that crispy, golden-brown outer shell, pop them into a hot oven with a little oil and seasoning.
1 x bag of Brussel sprouts
- Rinse Brussel sprouts in cool water
- Dice in half
- Place sprouts in a oven-proof roasting dish
- Apply a liberal coating of olive oil to the sprouts, ensuring a thorough, even distribution
- Season with pink Himalayan salt and pepper
- Place into the oven on a high heat so they char, for 20 minutes
- Serve immediately
Helpful hint; pair the spouts with crunchy green beans. Cook the beans the day before, store in the fridge overnight. Soak in cold water the next day, to maintain the crunchy freshness. Right before you’re about to serve, fry up the drained beans in a hot pan in butter, lemon zest, salt. Serve straight away.